- 148 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SIRPa, SIRPb, SIRPalpha/beta, BIT, SHPS1, MFR, P84, PTPNS1, CD172 antigen-like family member A, CD172 antigen-like family member B
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
SIRPs (signal-regulatory proteins) are a family of transmembrane glycoproteins that belong to Ig superfamily. SIRPa (CD172a, SIRPb),(SIRPb1,CD172b), and SIRPg (SIRPb2,CD172g) have been described. CD172a/b molecules are expressed on myeloid cells and neurons. CD172a serves as a substrate of activated receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs). The interaction of CD172a intracellular domain with SHP-1 and SHP-2 displays negative signaling in the regulation of leukocyte adhesion and transmigration. CD47 (IAP) is an extracellular ligand for CD172a. CD172b is a disulfide-linked homodimer. CD172b has been shown to regulate neutrophil transepithelial migration through the interaction with DAP12 and Syk kinase (through TYROBP).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: mAb 148 is specific for CD172a/b, and also stains CD172g transfected cells, but not T-lymphocytes
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Piccio L, et al. 2005. Blood 105:2421
- Dietrich J, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:9
AB_2254620 (BioLegend Cat. No. 337304)
- Signal-regulatory-protein family, Ig superfamily
Monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells, neurons
- CD172a binds CD47, CD172b interacts with DAP12
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kharitonenkov A, et al. 1997. Nature 386:181.
2. Tomasello E, et al. 2000. Eur. J. Immunol. 30:2147.
3. Seiffert M, et al. 2001. Blood 97:2741.
4. Timms JF, et al. 1998. Mol. Cell Biol. 18:3838.
5. Barclay AN and MH. Brown. 2006. Nat. Rev.Immnuol. 6:457
- Gene ID
- 10326 View all products for this Gene ID 140885 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD172a/b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.