- PC61 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-2Rα, Ly-43, p55, Tac
- Rat IgG1, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD25 is a 55 kD glycoprotein also known as the low affinity IL-2Rα, Ly-43, p55, or Tac. It is expressed on activated T and B cells, thymocyte subsets, pre-B cells, and T regulatory cells. In association with CD122 (IL-2Rβ) and CD132 (common γ chain), CD25 forms the high affinity signaling IL-2 receptor.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IL-2-dependent cytolytic mouse T-cell clone B6.1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- µg sizes: 0.2 mg/mLµL sizes: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For immunofluorescent staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunofluorescent staining using µl sizes, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,2, in vitro blocking of IL-2 binding to low- and high-affinity receptors1-4, growth inhibition of IL-2-dependent T-cell lines1-4, in vivo depletion of CD25+CD4+ Treg cells5-8,10, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections2. PC61 antibody recognizes a different epitope than 3C7 antibody (Cat. No. 101902). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 102040) with endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lowenthal JW, et al. 1985. Nature 315:669. (IP, Block)
- Ceredig R, et al. 1985. Nature 314:98. (IP, IHC, Block)
- Lowenthal JW, et al. 1985. J. Immunol. 135:3988. (Block)
- Moreau JL, et al. 1987. Eur. J. Immunol. 17:929. (Block)
- Takahashi T, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:303. (Deplete)
- Onizuka S, et al. 1999. Cancer Res. 59:3128. (Deplete)
- Lei TC, et al. 2005. Blood 105:4865. (Deplete)
- Pasare C, et al. 2004. Immunity 21:733. (Deplete)
- León-Ponte M, et al. 2007. Blood 109:3139.
- Cao OW, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-073304. (Deplete)
- Benson MJ, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. doi:10.1084/jem.20070719.
- Liu F, et al. 2011. Arch Toxicol. 85:1383. PubMed
- Anguela XM, et al. 2013. Diabetes. 62:551. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10895908 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102033)
AB_2562611 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102043)
AB_11203373 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102034)
- Forms high affinity IL-2R with IL-2Rβ (CD122) and IL-2Rγ (CD132), 55 kD
Activated T cells and B cells, thymocyte subset, pre-B cells, T regulatory cells
- IL-2 receptor
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5-8.
- Waldmann TA. 1991. J Biol Chem. 266:2681-4.
- Read S, et al. 2000. J Exp Med. 192:295-302.
- Lowenthal JW, et al. 1985. J Immunol. 135:3988-94.
- Gene ID
- 16184 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD25 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse CD25
Biotin anti-mouse CD25
FITC anti-mouse CD25
PE anti-mouse CD25
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD25
Purified anti-mouse CD25
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD25
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD25
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD25
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD25
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD25
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD25
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD25
PerCP anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD25
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD25
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD25
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD25
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD25
TotalSeq™-A0097 anti-mouse CD25
KIRAVIA Blue 520™ anti-mouse CD25
TotalSeq™-B0097 anti-mouse CD25
TotalSeq™-C0097 anti-mouse CD25
Spark NIR™ 685 anti-mouse CD25 Antibody
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-mouse CD25
Spark YG™ 581 anti-mouse CD25
APC/Fire™ 810 anti-mouse CD25
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-mouse CD25
PerCP/Fire™ 780 anti-mouse CD25