- 315-2C11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Prominin-1, AC133
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD133 (also known as prominin-1 and AC133) is a 120 kD pentaspan glycoprotein with 5 transmembrane domains which localize to cellular protrusions. CD133 was initially described as a surface antigen specific for human hematopoietic stem cells and as a marker for murine neuroepithelial cells and some embryonic epithelia. Later on, CD133 was found on other stem cells, including endothelial progenitor cells, glioblastomas, neuronal, and glial stem cells. In addition to hematopoietic stem cells, CD133 was found on cancer cells, such as some leukemia cells and brain tumor cells. It also has been detected at low levels in the kidney, pancreas, placenta, and fetal liver tissue. Although the biological function of CD133 is not completely understood, CD133 has been extensively used as a stem cell marker for normal and cancerous tissues.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CD133-expressing-GFP-RBL2H3 plus CFA as adjuvant.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Zhang Y, et al. 2012. Diabetes. 61:2114. PubMed
AB_2566011 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141213)
- 120 kD pentaspan transmembrane glycoprotein
- Hematopoietic stem cells, epithelial progenitor cells, leukemia cells, brain tumor cells, kidney, pancreas, placenta, and fetal liver cells
- Biological function unknown
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Epithelial cells, Leukemia, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Singh SK, et al. 2004. Nature 18:396.
2. Falini B, et al. 2005. New Engl. J. Med. 352:254.
3. Bonanno G, et al. 2004. Transfusion 44:1087.
4. Gaipa G, et al. 2002. Haematologica 87:347.
5. Wuchter C, et al. 2001. Haematologica 86:154.
- Gene ID
- 19126 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD133 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.