- TRFK4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T-cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. The native protein can have variable molecular weight as a result of glycosylation. Monomeric mouse IL-5 is a 113 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 35-37 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors and stimulates the activation, and differentiation of eosinophils, and promotes the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes . Mouse IL-5 induces the differentiation and proliferation of pre-activated B-cells and stimulates the production and secretion of IgM and IgA by B-cells stimulated with bacterial endotoxin. The TRFK4 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-5 (IL-5). The TRFK4 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially-purified T cell clone supernatant
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of mouse IL-5 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 1 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1-4 or ELISPOT5-7 Detection: The biotinylated TRFK4 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified TRFK5 antibody (Cat. No. 504302/504308) as the capture antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: neutralization1 of mouse IL-5 bioactivity. The LEAF™ purified TRFK5 antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse and human IL-5 bioactivity (Cat. No. 504308).
Note: For testing mouse IL-5 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431201 to 431206) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schumacher, J., et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:1576.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Sander, B., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Taguchi, T., et al. 1990. J. Immunol. Meth. 128:65.
- Taguchi, T., et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:68.
- Klinman, D., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.
AB_2296156 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504401)
AB_2127162 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504402)
- Cytokine; dimer; 40-50 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of B cells, eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, eosinophils
- Cell Targets
- Eosinophils, B cells
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Takatsu, K., et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu, K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu, K. 1991. Microbiol. Immunol. 35:593.
- Gene ID
- 16191 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.