- E033B8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin 34, C16orf77
- Mouse IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Human IL-34 shares a sequence identity of 99.6%, 72% and 71% with chimpanzee, rat, and mouse IL-34, respectively, on the amino acid level. The IL-34 gene is syntenic in the human, chimpanzee, rat, and mouse genomes. IL-34 has no apparent consensus structural domain or motif, and does not share sequence homology with M-CSF; nevertheless, it binds to the CSFR. These two cytokines are not identical in biological activity and signal activation. IL-34 and CSF show an equivalent ability to support cell growth or survival. However, these cytokines are differing in their ability to induce the production of chemokines (MCP-1 and eotaxin-2) in primary macrophages, the morphological change in TF-1-fms cells, and the migration of J774A.1 cells. The use of monoclonal antibodies against the CSFR suggests differential domain binding of the receptor to IL-34 and CSF and as a result, different bioactivities and signal activation kinetics/strength are produced for these cytokines.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-34
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of human IL-34 recombinant protein ranging from 5000 to 78 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated E033E8 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified E0320E7 antibody (Cat. No. 361301) as the capture antibody and recombinant human IL-34 (Cat. No. 577909) as the standard.
Note: For testing human IL-34 in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-34 ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 439607 & 439608) are specially developed and recommended.
AB_2563034 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361401)
AB_2563035 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361402)
- Secreted glycoprotein, homodimer
IL-34 mRNA is expressed in many different tissues including: spleen, heart, brain, lung, liver, kidney, thymus, testes, ovary, small intestine, prostate, and colon
- IL-34 increases monocyte viability, induces macrophage proliferation, and synergizes with other cytokines to generate macrophages and osteoclasts from cultured progenitors. IL-34 promotes the formation of the colony forming unit-macrophage (CFU-M) in human bone marrow culture. IL-34 supports RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis by promoting the adhesion and proliferation of osteoclast progenitors. Human IL-34 promotes osteoclast differentiation from peripheral blood mononucleated cells. In addition, systematic administration of IL-34 to mouse increases the number of CD11b+ cells and reduces bone mass. IL-1ß and TNF-Î± induce the expression of interleukin-34 mRNA in osteoblasts. IL-34 is also induced in macrophages infected with equine infectious anemia virus (EIAV).
- Macrophages, monocytes, myeloid cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Clanchy FI, et al. 2006. J. Leuko. Biol. 79:757.
2. Lin H, et al. 2008. Science 320:807.
3. Chihara T, et al. 2010. Cell. Death Differ. 17:1917.
4. Wei S, et al. 2010. J. Leuko. Biol. 88:495.
5. Eda H, et al. 2011. Rheumatol. Int. 31:1525.
- Gene ID
- 146433 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-34 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.