- CBRM1/5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Integrin αM chain, C3biR, CR3, Mac-1, Mo1, ITGAM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The CBRM1/5 antibody reacts with an activated form of human CD11b, a 165-170 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as αM integrin, Mac-1, CR3, and C3biR. CD11b non-covalently associates with integrin β2 (CD18) and is expressed on granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, and subsets of T and B cells. CD11b/CD18 is critical for the transendothelial migration of monocytes and neutrophils as well as adhesion, phagocytosis, and neutrophil activation. CD11b/CD18 interacts with ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-4, CD14, CD23, heparin, iC3b, fibrinogen and factor X.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The CBRM1/5 antibody recognizes a subset of CD11b molecules on neutrophils and monocytes activated with chemoattractants or phorbol-esters. This antibody does not recognize "non-activated" CD11b. The epitope recognized by CBRM1/5 is contained in the I domain of the a chain. Clone CBRM1/5 binds the I domain, close to the ligand binding site. It recognizes a conformational change of the integrin9.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, and blocking cell adhesion to fibrinogen and ICAM-11. The CBRM1/5 antibody binds specifically to the activated form of CD11b. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301408).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Diamond M, et al. 1993. J. Cell Biol. 120:545. (Block)
- Bryn T, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:7361. PubMed
- Sithu SD, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. doi:10.1074/jbc.M611273200.
- Barthel SR,et al.2006. Am J. Respir Cell Mol Biol.35:378. PubMed
- Pillay J,et al. 2010. J. Leukocyte Biol. 88:211. PubMed
- Wilson RP, et al. 2011. Infect Immun. 79:830. PubMed
- Koleva RI, et al. 2012. Blood. 119:4878. PubMed.
- Eleftherious D, et al. 2012. Neurology. 79:2089. PubMed
- Oxvig C, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:2215.
- Muller-Edenborn B, et al. 2014. Br J Anaesth. PubMed
- Cash JL, et al. 2013. EMBO Rep. 14:999. (FC) PubMed
AB_2715799 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301416)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with integrin β2 (CD18), 165-170 kD
Granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, T cell subset, B cell subset
- Adhesion, phagocytosis, chemotaxis, neutrophil activation
- ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-4, CD14, CD23, heparin, iC3b, fibrinogen, factor X
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Stewart M, et al. 1995. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 7:690.
2. Petty H, et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:209.
- Gene ID
- 3684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11b on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|PE anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC,IP|
|APC anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|Biotin anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD11b (activated)||CBRM1/5||FC,IP,Block|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD11b (activated)
FITC anti-human CD11b (activated)
PE anti-human CD11b (activated)
Purified anti-human CD11b (activated)
APC anti-human CD11b (activated)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD11b (activated)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD11b (activated)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD11b (activated)
Biotin anti-human CD11b (activated)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD11b (activated)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD11b (activated)