- Other Names
- Streptavidin-Allophycocyanin, SAv-APC
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-APC/Fire™ 750 is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of APC/Fire™ 750 by 600-635 nm laser light induces a fluorescence emission maximum of 787 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with APC/Fire™ 750 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The Streptavidin APC/Fire™ 750 solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC, ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this Streptavidin APC/Fire™ 750 is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the APC/Fire™ 750 conjugation. For immunofluorescent staining, the recommended use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl staining volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
*APC/Fire™ 750 has a maximum excitation of 650 nm and a maximum emission of 787 nm.
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-Allophycocyanin/Fire™ 750 (APC/Fire™ 750 ) is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining, when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of Streptavidin-APC/Fire™ 750 is 350 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Maresz K, et al. 2005. J. Neurochemistry 95:437.
- Ponomarev ED, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:1402.PubMed.
- Ponomarev ED, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:39.
- Mann MK, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:3447.PubMed
- Ponomarev ED,et al.2005.J. Immunol Methods.300:32. PubMed
- Cao YA, et al. 2008. Blood PubMed
- Garidou L, et al. 2009. J. Virol. PubMed
- Dolgachev V, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:5705. PubMed
- Sountoulidis A, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e41460. PubMed.
- Izumi T, et al. 2013. Cytotherapy. 15:481. PubMed
- Hamanaka S, et al. 2013. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 435:586. PubMed
- Prince J, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:4709. PubMed
- Phanse Y, et al. 2013. Acta Biomater. 9:8902. PubMed
- Orre M, et al. 2014. Neurbiol Aging. 35:1. PubMed
- Barbera M, et al. 2014. Gut. 64:11. PubMed
- Zhang Y, et al. 2014. Infect Immun. 82:1698. PubMed
- Peterson BC, et al. 2014. J Leukoc Biol. 95:809. PubMed
- Barbera M, et al. 2015. Gut. 64:11. PubMed
- Charmsaz S, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10:130692. PubMed