- WM15 (See other available formats)
- IV M44
- Other Names
- Aminopeptidase N, APN, gp150
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD13 is a 150-170 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein also known as aminopeptidase N, APN, and gp150. This zinc metallopeptidase is expressed as a homodimer on granulocytes, myeloid progenitors, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and subset of granular lymphoid cells. It is not expressed on platelets or erythrocytes. CD13 is thought to be involved in the metabolism of many regulatory peptides and functions in antigen processing and the cleavage of chemokines such as MIP-1. CD13 serves as the cellular receptor for Coronavirus.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cotton-topped Tamarin
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of tumor-cell invasion and blocking of aminopeptidase activities2,3, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections5. WM15 does not recognize formalin-fixed or paraffin-embedded tissue sections5. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 301708).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name APC/Cy7 to APC/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our APC/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Saiki I, et al. 1993. Int J Cancer. 54:137. (Block)
- Rosenzwajg M, et al. 2000. Blood 95:453. (Block)
- Kawase M, et al. 2008. J Virol. 83:712. (Block) PubMed
- Di Matteo P, et al. 2011. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 59:47. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2274061 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301709)
AB_2289620 (BioLegend Cat. No. 301710)
- Zinc metallopeptidase, type II integral membrane glycoprotein, 150-170 kD
Granulocytes, monocytes, myeloid progenitors, endothelial and epithelial cells, granular lymphocyte subset
- Zinc-binding metalloproteinase, antigen processing, cleaves MIP-1 chemokine
- Coronavirus receptor
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Lymphocytes, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Shipp M, et al. 1993. Blood 82:1052.
2. Larsen S, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:183.
- Gene ID
- 290 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD13 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.