- W5C5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC), Sushi domain containing 2 (SUSD2)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The W5C5 antibody reacts with SUSD2 (sushi domain containing 2) which is expressed by bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells, vessel-surrounding smooth muscle cells, and a few neoplastic cell lines. SUSD2 is a recently identified type I transmembrane protein of 820 amino acids consisting of a large extracellular region containing a Somatomedin B (SMB), an Adhesion-associated domain in MUC4 and Other Proteins (AMOP), a von Willebrand factor (vWF), and a F1c Sushi domain. Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) were originally named bone marrow stromal cells. They are a population of adult stem cells with a large capacity for self-renewal and multipotency for differentiation into a variety of cell types including osteoblasts, chondrocytes, myocytes, adipocytes, β-pancreatic islets cells, and certain neuronal cells. MSCs reside in many cells and tissues, such as bone marrow, placenta, adipose tissue, adult peripheral blood, fetal blood, skin, liver, and lung. Besides their plasticity for tissue repair, MSCs also exhibit powerful immunosuppressive activity and play an important role in supporting hematopoiesis.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Retinoblastoma cell line (Weri-RB-1 cells).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Masuda H, et al. 2012. Cell Transplant. 21:2201.
- Sivasubramaniyan K, et al. 2013. Stem Cells Dev.22:1944. PubMed. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2561888 (BioLegend Cat. No. 327408)
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Buhring HJ, et al. 2007. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1106:262.
2. Jackson L, et al. 2007. J. Postgrad. Med. 53:121.
3. Krampera M, et al. 2003. Blood 101:3722.
4. Ball LM, et al. 2007. Blood 110:2764.
- Gene ID
- 56241 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SUSD2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.