- 1A8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus G
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus G (Ly-6G), a 21-25 kD GPI-anchored protein, is expressed on the majority of myeloid cells in bone marrow and peripheral granulocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ly-6G transfected EL-4J cell line.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is highly recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
While 1A8 recognizes only Ly-6G, clone RB6-8C5 recognizes both Ly-6G and Ly-6C. Clone RB6-8C5 binds with high affinity to mouse Ly-6G molecules and to a lower extent to Ly-6C15. Clone RB6-8C5 impairs the binding of anti-mouse Ly-6G clone 1A815. However, clone RB6-8C5 is able to stain in the presence of anti-mouse Ly-6C clone HK1.416.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry9 of frozen sections10 and paraffin-embedded sections11, and depletion4, 12-14. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays (Cat. No. 127632, 127649, 127650, 127661 and 127662).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399. (FC)
- Daley JM, et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 83:1. (FC)
- Dietlin TA, et al. 2007. J. Leukocyte Biol. 81:1205. (FC)
- Daley J, et al. 2007. J. Leukocyte Biol. doi:10.1189. (Deplete) PubMed
- Tadagavadi RK, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:4904. PubMed
- Sumagin R, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:7057. PubMed
- Guiducci C, et al. 2010. J. Exp Med. 207:2931. PubMed
- Fujita M, et al. 2011. Cancer Res. 71:2664. PubMed
- Van Leeuwen, et al. 2008. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 28:84. (IHC)
- Kowanetz M, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:21248. [supplementary data] (IHC)
- Esbona K, et al. 2016. Breast Cancer Res. 18:35. (IHC)
- Wojtasiak M, et al. 2010. J. Gen. Virol. 91:2158. (FC, Deplete)
- Jaeger BN, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:565. (Deplete)
- Wozniak KL, et al. 2012. BMC Immunol. 13:65 (FC, Deplete)
- Ribechini E, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3538.
- Ng LG, et al. 2011. J Invest. Dermatol. 131:2058. PubMed
- Ma C, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc. Biol. 92:1199.
- McCartney-Francis, N, et al. 2014. J Leukoc. Biol. 96:917. PubMed
- Her Z, et al. 2014. EMBO Mol. Med. 7:24. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10640452 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127621)
AB_10643269 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127622)
- A 21-35 kD GPI-anchorded membrane protein
Expressed on the majority of myeloid cells in bone marrow and peripheral granulocytes. The monoclonal antibody RB6-8C5 recognizes both Ly-6G and Ly-6C.
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399.
- Gene ID
- 546644 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6G on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.