- 10C2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Nestin is a class VI intermediate filament protein originally found in neuronal stem cells, and is required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells. In mixtures, Nestin forms heterodimers with vimentin or internexin, participating in the remodeling of the cell. Nestin was found to be expressed on vascular endothelial progenitor cells and various neoplasms. It is proposed to be a novel angiogenesis marker and cancer therapeutic target.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jozef S, et al. 2012. Biomed. Pap. Med. Fac. 156:135. (IHC)
AB_2616772 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656810)
- 1621 amino acids with predicted molecular weight of 200-220 kD
- Required for survival and renewal of neural progenitor cells; plays roles in angiogenesis and tumor formation
- Vimentin, alpha-internexin and FHOD3
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
1. Matsuda Y, et al. 2013. World J. Gastroenterol. 19:42.
2. Matsuda Y, et al. 2012. Med. Mol. Morphol. 45:59.
3. Krupkova O Jr, et al. 2010. Neoplasma. 57:291.
4. Hombach-Klonisch S, et al. 2008. Arch. Immunol. Ther. Exp. (Warsz). 56:165.
5. Pilkington GJ, et al. 2005. Cell Prolif. 38:423.
- Gene ID
- 10763 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nestin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.