- 16H3A48 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Homeobox Transcription Factor Nanog, Nanog Homeobox, Homeobox Protein NANOG, Homeobox Transcription Factor Nanog-Delta 48
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Nanog is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor that is essential for early embryonic development. It is primarily expressed in pluripotent embryonic stem (ES) cells and cancer cell lines, maintaining the undifferentiated status of the cells and is downregulated upon differentiation. Si-RNA mediated knockdown of Nanog in ES cells induces lineage differentiation. Overexpression of Nanog allows for the leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)-independent self-renewal in undifferentiated ES cells. Nanog functionally works with OCT4 and SOX2 to support pluripotency and self-renewal in ES cells and the expression of Nanog is regulated by OCT4/SOX2 heterodimers. Expression of Nanog has been detected in several types of tumor cells. The expression level of Nanog in cancer cells has been shown to be correlated with the malignancy of cancers.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length NANOG recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Staining Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
- Product Citations
AB_2650619 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674210)
- 305 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 35 kD and contains a homeobox domain that is responsible for DNA binding.
- Interacts with ZFP281, SMAD1, and SALL4.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Yin D, et al. 2012. Int. J. Mol. Med. 29:587.
2. Villasante A, et al. 2011. Cell Cycle 10:1488.
3. Theunissen TW, et al. 2011. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B. Biol. Sci. 366:2222.
4. Pan G, et al. 2007. Cell Res. 17:42.
5. Kashyap V, et al. 2009. Stem Cells Dev. 18:1093.
6. Silva J, et al. 2009. Cell 138:722.
- Gene ID
- 79923 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nanog on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.