- 90 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD38 is a 42 kD glycoprotein, also known as T10. It is an ADP-ribosyl hydrolase, expressed on B cells, NK cells, a subset of T cells, brain, muscle, and kidney. In mouse, CD38 expression is downregulated on germinal center B cells and plasma cells, whereas this is not the case for humans. By functioning as both a cyclase and a hydrolase, CD38 mediates lymphocyte activation, as well as adhesion and metabolism of cADPR and NAADP. CD31 is the ligand of CD38.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse bone marrow pre-B cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry1,2 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, and induction of B cell proliferation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Oliver AM, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:1108.
- Howard M, et al. 1993. Science 262:1056.
- Product Citations
AB_528796 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102714)
- ADP-ribosyl hydrolase, 42 kD
B cells, NK cells, T cell subset, brain, muscle, kidney
- Regulation of cellular activation/proliferation, adhesion, metabolism of cADPR and NAADP
- CD31, hyaluronic acid
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Shubinsky G, et al. 1997. Immunity 7:315.
3. Cesano A, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 160:1106.
4. Cockayne DA, et al. 1998. Blood 92:1324.
- Gene ID
- 12494 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD38 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.