The reconstituted lyophilized human PBMC can be used for immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays. The cells can be used as controls for stability studies to avoid donor variability. These cells have been verified to work with commonly tested cell markers such as CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19, CD20, CD56/16, CD14, CD25, CD69, Granzyme B, Perforin, FOXP3, and Helios. View all 150 markers verified by LEGENDScreen™.
This product contains human cells, a potentially biohazardous material. Blood used in preparation of these samples was tested and found to be negative, using FDA approved methods, for antibody and nucleic acid testing against Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Hepatitis B and C virus and HTLV (Human T-Lymphotrophic virus I and II), surface antigen for Hepatitis B (HBsAg) virus and syphilis and West Nile Virus. Biological tests are not 100% accurate. Use standard precautions when handling and treat as if the product is capable of transmitting disease. When handling or disposing, follow precautions described in CDC and FDA recommendations and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.Product Details
- Kit Contents
For Cat. No. 425001
1 vial of Veri-Cells™ PBMC (> 5 x 106 cells)
1 vial of 1.5 Veri-Cells™ Buffer A
For Cat. No. 425002
4 vials of Veri-Cells™ PBMC (> 5 x 106 cells per vial)
4 vials of 1.5 ml Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
For Cat. No. 425003
2 vials of Veri-Cells™ PBMC (> 1 x 106 cells per vial)
1 vial of 700 µl Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
For Cat. No. 425004
10 vials of Veri-Cells™ PBMC (> 1 x 106 cells per vial)
5 vials of 700 µl Veri-Cells™ Buffer A each
Cat. Nos. 425003 and 425004: ≥ 1 X 106 lyophilized human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).
Cat. Nos. 425001 and 425002: ≥ 5 X 106 lyophilized human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).
- The Veri-Cells™ PBMC Kit is prepared from lyophilized human PBMC and a vial of Veri-Cells™ Buffer A.
- Storage & Handling
- Store the kit at 2°C - 8°C upon receipt. Do not open sealed pouch until ready to use. Once reconstituted, the cells may be used for up to five days if properly stored at 2°C - 8°C in the buffer provided. This product is guaranteed for a minimum of 6 months, or until the expiration date stated in the COA, when properly stored. Contact BioLegend Technical Support for information on the current lots.
FC - Quality tested
ICFC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
50 µl per 5 tests (after reconstitution with 325 µl)
50 µl per 25 tests (after reconstitution with 1.3 ml)
Note: Veri-Cells™ Buffer A may show precipitation over time, however this is normal and does not affect performance of the buffer.
- Application Notes
The Veri-Cells™ PBMC Kit can be used as positive controls for surface immunofluorescent staining and multi-color flow cytometry assays using the BioLegend surface staining protocol. It can also be used for the detection of intracellular molecules such as Granzyme B, Perforin, Foxp3 and Helios using BioLegend’s Fixation Buffer and Intracellular Staining Permeabilization Wash Buffer (10X) or the True Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set. For best results, Cell Staining Buffer is recommended for any washing steps. Product performance specifications are based on testing with BioLegend reagents and protocols. Deviations from the use of these reagents and procedures have not been assessed and may affect performance.
Protocol for using Veri-Cells™ PBMC:
1. Remove a vial of Veri-Cell™ PBMC from the refrigerator and warm to room temperature for 5 minutes.
2. Add 1.3ml of the Veri-Cell™ Buffer A to the cell pellet, replace the rubber stopper and mix by inversion for 5 seconds. Allow at least 5 minutes for the cells to rehydrate prior to staining.
3. Aliquot the required amount of cells into tubes. Stain with antibodies using our Cell Surface Immunofluorescence Staining Protocol, Intracellular Flow Cytometry Staining Protocol. The cells are ready for acquisition.
Note: To monitor non-specific staining, we recommend using appropriate isotype controls.
Please use our CoA Look-Up Tool to find the expected lot-specific frequencies of certain cell populations included within each lot of Veri-Cells™ PBMC. The antibodies used for testing were the following: CD56 PE (clone 5.1H11), CD16 PE (clone 3G8), CD19 APC (clone HIB19), CD3 FITC (clone UCHT1), CD4 PE/Cy7 (clone RPA-T4), CD8 APC/Cy7 (clone RPA-T8). Percent positive is based on gates set on unstained cells. The Certificate of Analysis specific values are provided only as a reference. Variability in antibodies used, instruments, staining conditions and other factors may influence end-user values. It is recommended that individual laboratories establish its own control values and ranges for each parameter based on laboratory specific conditions and protocols.
- Additional Product Notes
- Product Citations
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID