- MM9C1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- P40, MEA (mast cell growth enhancing activity), MCGF (Mast cell growth factor), TCGF-3 (T cell growth factor-3)
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-9 was initially identified in mice as a T cell growth factor. Human and murine IL-9 show a 56% amino acid sequence homology. IL-9 is a cytokine that acts as a regulator of a variety of hematopoietic cells and stimulates cell proliferation and prevents apoptosis. The IL-9 receptor consists of the cytokine-specific IL-9 receptor α-chain (IL-9Rα) and the common γ-chain that is shared by IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-15, and IL-21. IL-9 is expressed by activated Th9, Th17, Treg, and mast cells and appears to play an important role in the development and function of subsets within the CD4+ T cell lineage. IL-9 also inhibits immune responses by enhancing the suppressive properties of Tregs and by recruiting immune suppressive mast cells to sites of inflammation. Genetic studies on a mouse model of asthma demonstrate that this cytokine is a key factor in the pathogenesis of bronchial hyperresponsiveness. In this sense, it has been described that IL-9 and IL-9R expression are increased in lungs of asthmatic patients. In addition, IL-9 promotes mast cell mediated intestinal permeability and plays a role in the development of food allergies. Also, IL-9 has been associated with atopic dermatitis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-9
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FA - Quality tested
Neut - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by functional assay. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: neutralization4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-9 bioactivity. MM9C1 is able to neutralize mouse IL-9 induced proliferation of M-07e cells with an IC50 50 ng/mL.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Renauld J, et al. 1995. J. Leuk. Biol. 57:353.
- Sitkauskiene B, et al. 2005. Respir. Res. 6:33.
- Gounni AS, et. al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:2771. (Neut)
AB_2876741 (BioLegend Cat. No. 659505)
AB_2876741 (BioLegend Cat. No. 659506)
Th2 cells and mast cells, activated Th9, Th17, and Tregs.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, also upregulated by TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2.
- T helper cells, Th9, Th17, Treg, human airway smooth muscle cells.
- Mouse IL-9R
- Cell Type
- Th17, Th2, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Goswami R. and Kaplan MH. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:3283.
2. Kaiko GE, and Foster PS. 2011. Curr. Opin. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 11:39.
3. Townsend JM, et al. 2000. Immunity. 13:573.
4. Mock BA, et al. 1990. Immunogenetics. 31:265.
5. Tan C, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:6795.
6. Jager A, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:7169.
- Gene ID
- 16198 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-9||MM9C1||FA, Neut|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.