- RG9-35 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lgals9, Gal-9, Ecalectin
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Galectin-9 is a mammalian lectin with a molecular weight of 40 kD that has two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs) and forms homodimers. It recognizes N-acetyllactosamine (Galbeta1-4GlcNAc) and T-antigen (Galbeta1-3GalNAc). Tim-3 has been reported as its ligand. Galectin-9 is expressed by lymphocytes, dendritic cells, granulocytes, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and thymus epithelial cells. It may be retained intracellularly or transported to the cell surface whereby cleavage generates a soluble form. Galectin-9 is involved in events such as cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, and apoptosis, and is important for the regulation of the immune response. Galectin-9 induces regulatory T cells, and suppresses Th1 and Th17 responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse galectin-9
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ICFC - Quality tested
FA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fukushima A, et al. 2008. Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 146:36. (FA)
- Hou H, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:110585. PubMed
AB_2860679 (BioLegend Cat. No. 136115)
AB_2832493 (BioLegend Cat. No. 136116)
- Homodimer, each chain is a 343 aa protein of 40 kD that has two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs)
Lymphocytes, dendritic cells, neutrophils, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, thymus stromal/epithelial cells
- Cell aggregation, cell adhesion, chemotaxis, apoptosis, suppression of Th1 and Th17 responses, induction of regulatory T cells
- Chemotaxis, apoptosis, cell adhesion
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Eosinophils, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Lymphocytes, Neutrophils, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Klibi J, et al. 2009. Blood 113:1957
2. Seki M, et al. 2008. Clin Immunol 127:78
3. Tsuboi Y, et al. 2007. Clin Immunol 124:221
4. Zhu C, et al. 2005. Nat Immunol 6:1245
5. Dunphy JL, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:14916
- Gene ID
- 16859 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Galectin-9 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|PE anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|APC anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC, FA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.