- C7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
NKG2D is a lectin-like type II transmembrane protein also known as CD314. It is expressed on NK cells, a subset of CD8+ T cells, γ/δ T cells and NK1.1+ T cells, as well as in vitro induced LAK cells. NKG2D serves as a stimulatory immunoreceptor to activate NK cells via the non-covalently associated DAP10 or DAP12 adaptor. Several molecules have been identified as the ligands for NKG2D, including minor histocompatibility molecule, H60, UL16-binding protein-like transcript 1 (Mult1, and a family of retinoic acid early transcript 1 (Rae1) in mice, MHC class-I chain-related protein A (MICA), MICB, and UL16-binding proteins (ULBPs) in humans. present in both mice and humans. NKG2D ligands trigger cytokine (IFN-γ, GM-CSF, TNF-α, MIP1β and others) and granzyme release from NK cells. The C7 antibody has been reported to block NK cell killing of targets expressing NKG2D ligands and induce redirected lysis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Soluble mouse NKG2D
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: blocking1,2,4,5 and inducing redirected cell lysis1,2. To reduce non-specific binding to cells bearing Fc-receptors, pre-incubation of cells with anti-mouse CD16/CD32, clone 93 (Cat. No. 101301/101302), is recommended prior to immunofluorescent staining. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 115706) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 115704) or biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG (Cat. No. 405501) second step, followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)). The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 115713 & 115714).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gilfillan S, et al. 2002. Nat. Immunol. 3:1150. (Block)
- Ho EL, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:3667. (Block)
- Maeda M, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:6115. (FC)
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (Block)
- O'Leary JG, et al. 2006. Nature Immunology 7:507. (Block)
- Tang X, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:7645. (FC)
AB_2832393 (BioLegend Cat. No. 115713)
AB_2832394 (BioLegend Cat. No. 115714)
- C-type lectin
NK and NK-T cells
- NK cytolytic killing of target cells expressing NKG2D ligands, costimulation NK cells
- Minor histocompatibility molecule H60, retinoic acid early inducible 1 (RAE-1) family
- Cell Type
- NK cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Vance RE, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 190:1801.
2. Vance RE, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:1841.
3. Lohwasser S, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:755.
4. Yokoyama WM. 1998. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 10:298.
5. Gilfillan S, et al. 2002. Nat. Immunol. 3:1150.
6. Ho EL, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:3667.
- Gene ID
- 27007 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD314 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Biotin anti-mouse CD314 (NKG2D)||C7||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD314 (NKG2D)||C7||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD314 (NKG2D)||C7||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD314 (NKG2D)||C7||FC, Block|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.