- L363 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The L363 antibody reacts with α-GalCer:mouse CD1d complex. Glycolipid α-galactosylceramide (α-GalCer) is a potent activator of human and murine iNKT cells and is widely used as a model antigen for the studies of iNKT-mediated immunity. The glycolipid binds to CD1d and forms a complex which is subsequently recognized by iNKT cells, a subset of T cells expressing invariant TCR α chain Vα14, analogous to the peptide-MHC complex recognition by TCR α/ß T cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- α-GalCer:mCD1d1 complexes coupled to Mycobacterium tuberculosis PPD
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Surface and intracellular immunofluorescence2 and block a-GalCer:mCD1d1 complex induced iNKT activation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yu KO, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. Methods 323:11. (Block)
- Im JS, et al. 2009. Immunity 30:888. (IF)
AB_2814042 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140517)
AB_2814043 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140518)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, MHC Antigens, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Arrenberg P, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:10984.
2. Mattarollo SR, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:5663.
3. Wang J, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:1535.
4. Nieuwenhuis EE, et al. 2009. J. Clin. Invest. 119:1241.
5. Sullivan BA and Kronenberg M. 2005. J. Clin. Invest. 115:2328.
- Gene ID
- 12479 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha-GalCer:CD1d complex on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.