|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-22 is a cytokine structurally related to IL-10. Originally identified as a murine gene induced by IL-9 in T and mast cells, IL-22 was initially designated ILTIF (IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor). IL-22 belongs to a family of cytokines with limited homology to IL-10, namely IL-10, IL-19, IL-20, IL-24, IL-26, and the IFN-λs, IL-28A, IL-28B and IL-29. Human IL-22 shares 79% amino acid identity with murine IL-22 and 25% identity with human IL-10. IL-22 biological activity is initiated by binding to a cell surface complex composed of IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains. Activity is further regulated through interactions with the soluble binding protein, IL-22BP, which shares sequence similarity with an extracellular region of IL-22R1 (sIL-22R1). Both chains of the IL-22R complex belong to the class II CRF. Two types of IL-22 binding receptors have been discovered, a membrane-bound receptor and a soluble receptor, both encoded by different genes. IL-22 is produced by Th17 cells and newly identified Th22 cells. It plays a critical role in mucosal immunity in addition to the deregulated inflammation observed in autoimmune diseases.Product Details
- Mouse IL-22, amino acids Leu34-Val179 (Accessio # NM_016971) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 147 amino acid N-terminal methionylated recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 16.8 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 15 kD and the non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 13 kD by SDS-PAGE.
- Purity is >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Endotoxin Level
- Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg (<0.01 ng/µg) protein as determined by the LAL method.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes; vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer, and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 250 pg/ml to 3.9 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IL-22 protein is useful as a standard in a mouse IL-22 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled poly5164 antibody (Cat. No. 516401) for capture and biotinylated poly5164 antibody (Cat. No. 516407) for detection.
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells, Immunology, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Dumoutier L, et al. 2000. J. Immun. 164:1814.
2. Xie MH, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:31335.
3. Jones BC, et al. 2008. Structure.
4. Kotenko SV, et al. 2001. J. Immun. 166:7096.
5. Chang C, et al. 2006. Cell Research 16:902.
- Gene ID
- 50929 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-22 on UniProt.org