- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PlGF, PLGF, Placental Growth Factor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a member of the PDGF/VEGF family of growth factors. Four alternatively-spliced isoforms have been identified: PlGF-1, PlGF-2, PlGF-3, and PlGF-4. All isoforms are expressed in placental tissues, with PlGF-2 being expressed specifically during early placental development. PlGF-1 and PlGF-3 are considered diffusible isoforms, while PlGF-2 and PlGF-4 each contain a unique heparin binding domain that may increase associations with cell membranes. In addition to placental tissues, PlGF is expressed in the microvasculature, bone marrow, umbilical vein endothelia, uterine keratinocytes, and NK cells. PlGF binds to both VEGF-R1 and neuropilin, but not VEGF-R2 and induces monocyte activation, migration, inflammatory cytokine production. PlGF plays a key role in maternal vascular function during pregnancy, with circulating levels reaching a peak mid-gestation. It can be used as a marker for pregnancy-associated hypertensive disorders such as pre-eclampsia.Product Details
- Human PLGF, amino acids (Ala21-Arg149) (Accession# NM_002632) was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 129 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 14.5 kD.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for mass/vial, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Immediately upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 400 to 6.3 pg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This PlGF protein is useful as a standard for a human PlGF sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled 13C8 antibody (Cat. No. 534802) as capture and biotinylated 24G3 antibody (Cat. No. 534904) as detection.
- Product Citations
Vascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, keratinocytes, hematopoitic cells, retinal pigment epithelial cells, tumor cells, and cerebellar stroma cells.
- PlGF is an angiogenic factor and induces proliferation and migration of endothelial cells. It stimulates endothelial cells and synergistically amplifies the action of VEGF. Soluble VEGFR1 (sFLT1) can regulate the accessibility of PlGF.
- Endothelial cells, Macrophages, and trophoblats.
- VEGFR1 (FLT-1), and neuropilin 1 (Nrp1)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Maglione D, et al. 1991. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:9267.
2. Carmeliet P, et al. 2001. Nat. Med. 7:575.
3. Casalou C, et al. 2007. Leukemia 21:1590.
4. Marcellini M, et al. 2006. Am. J. Pathol. 169:643.
5. Yao J, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 108:11590.
6. Cai J, et al. 2011. PLoS One 6:e18076.
7. Sibiude J, et al. 2012. PLoS One 7:e50208.
8. Snuderl M, et al. 2013 Cell 152:1065.
- Gene ID
- 5228 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PlGF on UniProt.org