- Other Names
- GNLY, 519, LAG2, NKG5, LAG-2, D2S69E, TLA519
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Granulysin is a cytolytic protein present in granules of human natural killer (NK) cells and activated cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs). Granulysin is synthesized as a 15 kD precursor, which is then cleaved at both the amino- and carboxy-termini into a 9 kD activated form.
The 9 kD granulysin is released into the intercellular space between target and effector cells via a granule exocytosis pathway. The 9 kD granulysin is a chemoattractant for T lymphocytes, monocytes, and other inflammatory cells and activates the expression of a number of cytokines, including RANTES, MCP-1, MCP-3, MIP-1α, IL-1, IL-6, IL-10 and IFN-α.
High serum levels of granulysin are associated with cytotoxic T cell and NK cell activity, and may thus represent a soluble biomarker for host-cellular immune responses. Serum granulysin has also been proposed as a biomarker for the Th1/Th2 balance. At the cellular level, granulysin may serve as a favorable prognostic marker for certain types of cancer.
- Human granulysin, amino acids Met1-Leu145 (Accession# P22749) was expressed in NS0-derived cells. The C-terminus has a 10-His-tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 156 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of 15.4 kD. The DTT-reduced protein migrates at approximately 15-16 kD.
- >95%, as determined by silver-stained, reducing, SDS-PAGE prior to lyophilization.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 mL of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of two-fold dilutions from 40 ng/mL to 0.63 ng/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
To measure human granulysin, this recombinant protein can be used as a standard in a sandwich ELISA format, when used in conjunction with the purified DH2 antibody (Cat. No. 348007) as the capture antibody and the biotinylated DH10 antibody (Cat. No. 526103) as the detection antibody.
Note: For testing human granulysin in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Human Granulysin ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plates (Cat. No. 438007 & 438008) are specially developed and recommended.
- Member of the saposin-like family of proteins (SAPLIPs), initially translated as a 15 kD precursor, which is cleaved into a 9 kD activated form
NK cells, cytolytic T cells
- Cytolytic against bacteria, fungi, parasites, and tumor cells; chemoattractant towards inflammatory cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hanson DA, et al. 1999. Mol. Immunol. 36:413.
2. Spada FM, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 191:937.
3. Kalb ML, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:1583.
- Gene ID
- View information about Granulysin on UniProt.org