- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Angiopoietin 2, ANG2, Ang-2, ANGPT2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Angiopoietin-2, also known as ANGPT2, is a member of angiopoietins, which plays essential roles in embryonic and postnatal angiogenesis. The structure of the mature form of ANGPT2 contains an N-terminal coiled-coil domain, which mediates multimerization of the protein, along with a C-terminal fibrinogen-like domain, which mediates the receptor binding. Both ANGPT1 and ANGPT2 are ligands for the receptor tyrosine kinase, Tie-2. ANGPT2 appears to exist predominantly as a homodimer, but it is also capable of forming multimers while ANGPT1 predominantly exists as multimers. It has been shown that ANGPT2 is able to promote vascular leakage and neutrophil migration. ANGPT2 can also sensitize TNF-α-induced monocyte adhesion, thus it is considered a proinflammatory factor. Although ANGPT2 is not required for arterial vascular development, its expression in the tissue suggests that it may play a role in the maintenance of these vessels. This conclusion is also supported by the observation that high concentrations of ANGPT2 activate the same survival signaling pathway as ANGPT1 to prevent endothelial cell apoptosis via Tie-2/Akt. Additionally, ANGPT2 was demonstrated to function as an agonist in the absence of ANGPT1, but in its presence it acts as an antagonist. Human ANGPT2 shares 86% amino acid sequence homology with its murine counterpart.Product Details
- Human ANGPT2, amino acids (Tyr19-Phe496) (Accession# NP_001138), was expressed with a C-terminal His tag in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 484 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 55.7 kD. The protein migrates at 70 kD in DTT-reducing conditions by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Tyr.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 20 mM MOPS, 150 mM NaCl, 5 mM CHAPS, and in pH 7.5.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 1.0 EU per µg of protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When immobilized (1 µg/ml), Human ANGPT2 is able to bind to human Tie-2 in a dose dependent manner with an ED50 of < 0.5 µg/ml.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fiedler U, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:1721.
- Placenta, uterus, ovaries, and vascular endothelial cells.
- ANGPT2 plays a role in angiogenesis and monocyte adhesion. Hyperoxia induces ANGPT2 expression in the lung epithelial cells.
- Monocytes and endothelial cells.
- Human ANGPT2 is able to bind Tie-2 in a dose dependent manner.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Augustin HG, et al. 2009. Nat. Rev. Mol. Biol. 10:165.
2. Ward NL, Dumont DJ. 2002. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 1:19.
3. Roviezzo F, et al. 2005. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 314:738.
4. Sturn DH, et al. 2005. Microcirculation 12:393.
5. Murdoch C, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:7405.
6. Yuan HT, et al. 2009. Mol. Cell Biol. 29:2011.
7. Procopio WN, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:30196.
8. Bhandari V, et al. 2006. Nature Med. 12:1286.
- Gene ID
- 285 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Angiopoietin-2 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)