- A17025A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PLC1, NCKAP3, PLC-II, PLC148
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Phospholipase C (PLC) enzymes cleave the phospholipid phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) into second messenger molecules inositol 1,4,5-triposphate (IP3) and diacylglycerol (DAG) in response to extracellular stimuli. IP3 causes the release of calcium from the endoplasmic reticulum to begin an intracellular signaling cascade, while DAG activates Protein Kinase C.
There are four families of PLCs. PLC gamma (PLCγ) uniquely contains SRC domains SH2 and SH3. Receptor tyrosine kinases interact with these SRC domains to enzymatically activate PLCγ1 via phosphorylation at tyrosine 783. PLCγ1 is essential for cell proliferation, differentiation, and motility. Overexpression or activation of PLCγ1 has been implicated in breast and prostate cancers as well as cancer cell invasion.
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide from human PLCγ1 phosphorylated at Tyr783 emulsified in CFA.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICFC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml. For intracellular flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.03 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810659 (BioLegend Cat. No. 612401)
AB_2810660 (BioLegend Cat. No. 612402)
- 1290 and 1291 amino acid isoforms with predicted molecular weights of 148.5 and 148.7 kD, respectively
- T cell receptor signaling
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Proliferation and Viability, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Brady-Kalnay, et al. 2011. J Cell Biochem. 112:39.
- Schlessinger, et al. 2009. Cell. 138:514.
- Harden, et al. 2012. Subcell Biochem. 58:61.
- Wang Z, et al. 1998. Mol Cell Biol. 18:590.
- Rhee, et al. 1991. Cell. 65:435.
- Gene ID
- 5335 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PLCgamma1 Phospho Tyr783 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.