- W19167A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Paired Box 6, Paired Box Protein PAX-6, Aniridia type II protein, Oculorhombin, AN2, D11S812E, MGDA, AN, MGC17209, WAGR, Aniridia 1, Aniridia 2, ASGD5, FVH1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Paired box protein 6 (PAX6) is a transcription factor with dual roles as both transcriptional activator and repressor. It plays a critical role in the regulation of cell proliferation, cell cycle length and exit, and cell differentiation during neurogenesis and ocular, cortical, and olfactory development. PAX6 forms a complex with SOX2 and δ-crystallin enhancer DC5 to initiate lens placode development. In the central nervous system, PAX6 functions in the regulation of progenitor cell proliferation, telencephalic patterning, cortical layer formation, and the maintenance of balance in neuron differentiation. Heterozygous mutations in PAX6 can result in aniridia, nystagmus, neurodevelopmental disorders, and auditory and memory impairment. In the neuroendocrine system, PAX6 functions in the development of β cells, pancreatic islet of Langerhans cells, and the pituitary gland as well as in insulin biosynthesis, and glucose-induced insulin secretion. PAX6 functions as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer and glioblastoma by inhibiting androgen receptors.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to C-terminus of human PAX6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.25 µg/mL. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/test. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
At higher concentrations, this clone recognizes a ~100 kD protein of unknown origin. This protein was not detected in W19167A immunoprecipitates that were probed by western blot using W19167A.
AB_2888904 (BioLegend Cat. No. 939801)
AB_2888904 (BioLegend Cat. No. 939802)
- PAX6 is a 422 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 47 kD.
Expressed in the eye, nose, brain pancreas/Nucleoplasm
- Transcriptional regulation, differentiation
- Antigen References
1. Gosmain Y, B, et al. 2012. Mol.. Endocrinol. 26:696
2. Kamachi Y, et al. 2001. Genes Dev. 10:1272
3. Manuel M, et al. 2015. Fron. Cell. Neurosci. 9:70
4. Shyr C, et al. 2010. Prostate. 274:6056
- Gene ID
- 5080 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about PAX6 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-PAX6 Antibody||W19167A||WB, IP, IHC-F|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.