- Poly6224 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Stress activated kinase p38, p38 MAP kinase, stress activated protein kinase 2A
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) is a member of the stress activated kinase family with a molecular weight of 38 kD. MAPK can be activated by a number of stimuli including heat, changes in osmolarity, irradiation, and cold. The MAPKs require dual phosphorylation (threonine and tyrosine) for enzymatic activation. The p38 MAP kinase is required for G2 cell cycle delay after UV irradiation, also participates in cytokine production (IL-6 and erythropoietin). The Poly6224 antibody recognizes human, mouse, and rat p38 MAPK and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- peptide-KLH, C terminal
- PBS containing 0.1% sodium azide and 0.2% gelatin
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:4000 dilution. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a dilution of 1:200 is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2876740 (BioLegend Cat. No. 622403)
- Belongs to serine/threonine kinase family, MAP subfamily, 38 kD
Ubiquitously expressed, nuclear and cytoplasmic
- p38 MAPK plays a critical role in the initiation of G2 delay after ultraviolet radiation; gene knock-out studies have also revealed a critical role for p38 in cardiac remodeling. Downstream targets of p38 include the transcription factors ELK1 and ATF2, MEF2C and MAX.
- Interacts with MAX, Cdc25B, Cdc25C. Binds to kinase interaction domain in the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPRR; this interaction retains p38 MAPK in the cytoplasm.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Bulavin DV, et al. 2001. Nature 411:102.
2. Han J, et al. 1994. Science 265:808.
3. Lee JC, et al. 1994. Nature 372:739.
- Activated by environmental stress, many pro-inflammatory cytokines and lipopolysaccharide. Dual phosphorylation by MAP2K3 and MAP2K6 is required for activation of p38 MAPK.
- Gene ID
- 80824 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p38 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.