- 16H3A48 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Homeobox Transcription Factor Nanog, Nanog Homeobox, Homeobox Protein NANOG, Homeobox Transcription Factor Nanog-Delta 48
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Nanog is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor that is essential for early embryonic development. It is primarily expressed in pluripotent embryonic stem (ES) cells and cancer cell lines, maintaining the undifferentiated status of the cells and is downregulated upon differentiation. Si-RNA mediated knockdown of Nanog in ES cells induces lineage differentiation. Overexpression of Nanog allows for the leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)-independent self-renewal in undifferentiated ES cells. Nanog functionally works with OCT4 and SOX2 to support pluripotency and self-renewal in ES cells and the expression of Nanog is regulated by OCT4/SOX2 heterodimers. Expression of Nanog has been detected in several types of tumor cells. The expression level of Nanog in cancer cells has been shown to be correlated with the malignancy of cancers.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length NANOG recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted at 4°C
WB - Quality tested
ICFC, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml (1:200-1:1000 dilution). For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
- Product Citations
AB_2564573 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674201)
AB_2564574 (BioLegend Cat. No. 674202)
- 305 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 35 kD and contains a homeobox domain that is responsible for DNA binding.
- Interacts with ZFP281, SMAD1, and SALL4.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Yin D, et al. 2012. Int. J. Mol. Med. 29:587.
2. Villasante A, et al. 2011. Cell Cycle 10:1488.
3. Theunissen TW, et al. 2011. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B. Biol. Sci. 366:2222.
4. Pan G, et al. 2007. Cell Res. 17:42.
5. Kashyap V, et al. 2009. Stem Cells Dev. 18:1093.
6. Silva J, et al. 2009. Cell 138:722.
- Gene ID
- 79923 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nanog on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Nanog||16H3A48||WB, ICFC, ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Nanog||16H3A48||ICC, IHC-P|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-Nanog||16H3A48||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Nanog||16H3A48||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Nanog||16H3A48||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.