- Poly5164 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-22, IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor, IL-TIF
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-22 is a cytokine structurally related to IL-10. Mouse IL-22 consists of 179 amino acids and has a predicted molecular weight of 20 kD. It is secreted primarily by Th17, Th1, Th2, lymphoid tissue inducer cells (LTi), and subsets of natural killer cells. It has been reported that aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) expression is essential for the production of IL-22 by TCRγδ T cells. AhR activation increases Th17 polarization and induces IL-22 production. IL-22 functions by engaging the heterodimeric IL-22 receptor (IL-22R) complex, consisting of two receptor subunits, IL-22R1 and IL-10Rβ. IL-22 acts on nonhematopoietic tissue cells, such as epithelial cells of the digestive and respiratory systems and keratinocytes of the skin. IL-22 is involved in inflammatory processes such as dermal inflammation, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatitis, and Crohn’s disease. Moreover, it plays a critical role in mucosal immunity and the wound healing process.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse IL-22, amino acids Leu34-Val179 (Accession# NM_016971), was expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2 and 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA capture antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-22 recombinant protein ranging from 250-3.9 pg/ml are recommended.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified Poly5164 antibody is useful as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5164 antibody (Cat. No. 516407) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-22 (Cat. No. 576209) as the standard.
In sandwich ELISA, Poly5164 has approximately 17% and 2% cross-reactivity with recombinant rat and human IL-22, respectively.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled Poly5164 antibody is useful for immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-22-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Note: For testing mouse IL-22 in serum, plasma or supernatant, LEGEND MAX™ Mouse IL-22 ELISA Kit (Cat. No. 436307 & 436308) is specially developed and recommended.
Note: The use of Iscove's Modified Dulbecco's Medium (IMDM) will result in better in vitro Th17 polarization.1
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Veldhoen M, et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206:43.
AB_2561332 (BioLegend Cat. No. 516401)
- A cytokine structurally related to IL-10 with a predicted molecular weight of 20 kD.
- Th17, Th1, Th2, lymphoid tissue inducer cells (LTi), and subsets of natural killer cells.
- Acts on nonhematopoietic tissue cells, such as epithelial cells and keratinocytes, involved in inflammatory processes, mucosal immunity, and wound healing.
- Cell Type
- Th17, Th1, Th2, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Martin B, et al. 2009. Immunity 31:321.
2. Liang SC, et al. 2006. J. Exp. Med. 203:2271.
3. Veldhoen M, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 206:43.
4. Zheng Y, et al. 2007. Nature 445:648.
5. Dumoutier L, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1814.
6. Wolk K, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5973.
- Gene ID
- 50929 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-22 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.