- JES6-1A12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-2 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which exerts its biological activity primarily on T cells. Additionally, IL-2 has been found to stimulate growth and differentiation of B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, and oligodendrocytes. The JES6-1A12 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-2 (IL-2).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5-2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-2 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1-3 or ELISPOT Capture4-6: The purified JES6-1A12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES6-5H4 antibody (Cat. No. 503804) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-2 (Cat. No.575409) as the standard. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture (Cat. No. 503704).
Neutralization: The JES6-1A12 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 503706) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.
- Mo X, et al. 1995. J. Virol. 69:1288.
- Karulin A, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28.
- Product Citations
AB_315291 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503701)
AB_315292 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503702)
- Cytokine; 15-30 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Sources
- T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Rα/β/γ, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Rα (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rβ (CD122)/γ; γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
3. Nistico G. 1993. Prog. Neurobiol. 40:463.
4. Waldmann T, et al. 1993. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 685:603.
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8, CIF (colostrum inhibitory factor)
- Gene ID
- 16183 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse IL-2||JES6-1A12||ELISA Capture, IP, WB|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-2||JES6-1A12||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, IP, Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.