- M4201G11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Pre-B-cell growth-stimulating factor (PBSF), stromal cell derived factor 1 isoform beta precursor (SDF-1ž), TLSF, TPAR1, SCYB12, IRH
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
SDF-1, also known as CXCL12, has several different splice variants, which include SDF-1α, SDF-1β, and SDF-1γ. SDF-1 is highly expressed in bone marrow stromal stem cells and regulates growth and survival. CXCL12 promotes survival by binding its receptor CXCR4 and inducing anti-apoptotic proteins, decreasing apoptotic proteins, and increasing transcription of cell survival genes. The SDF-1/CXCR4 pair plays a key role in maintaining proliferation and survival of bone marrow stem cell subpopulations under stress conditions. Data suggests that SDF-1β mediates cells' survival by enhancing autophagy in bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- In-house recombinant mouse SDF1beta
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration of 2.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of CXCL12 (SDF-1β) recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 31.3 pg/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
The purified M4201G11 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated M4201G03 antibody as the detecting antibody.
For testing mouse CXCL12 (SDF-1ß) in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatant, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits are specially developed and recommended.This kit is specifically designed to accurately measure and distinguish SDF-1ß from SDF-1a.
- Product Citations
AB_2686959 (BioLegend Cat. No. 532602)
- 72 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight approximately at 8.5 kD.
Expressed by bone marrow stromal cells, endothelial cells, epithelial cells, pericytes, dendritic cells, and fibroblasts.
- Apoptosis, innate immunity, renal development. SDF-1 is a constitutively produced chemokine involved in lung, brain, joint, and intestine inflammation. SDF-1 is chemotactic for T, B, and cancer cells. SDF-1/CXCR4 pair plays a role in the mobilization of CD34+ progenitors to peripheral blood. SDF-1 is important in morphogenesis, angiogenesis, and cancer metastasis.
- CXCR4 and ACKR3
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Dendritic cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nagasawa T, et al. 1994. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:2305.
2. Muller A, et al. 2001. Nature 410:50.
3. Valenzuela-Fernandez A, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:15677.
4. De La Luz Sierra M, et al. 2004. Blood 103:2452.
5. Kortesidis A, et al. 2005. Blood 105:3793.
6. Davis DA, et al. 2005. Blood 105:4561.
7. Zlotnik A. 2008. J. Pathol. 215:211.
8. Herberg S, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8:e58207.
- Gene ID
- 20315 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CXCL12 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.