- 7C9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin 8 (Siglec-8), Siglec8L, Sialoadhesin family member 2 (SAF2)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Siglec-8 is a lectin specific for 6'-sulfo-sLex and a member of the Ig-superfamily. It is expressed almost exclusively in eosinophils; however, basophils and mast cells can express it to a lower degree. Siglec-8 is a 54 kD transmembranal protein; the extracellular domain has one V-set Ig-like domain and two C2-set domains. The cytoplasmic domain has two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motifs (ITIM) that recruit SH2-family phosphatases after tyrosine phosphorylation. There are reports that siglec-8 inhibits the release of histamine and prostaglandin D2 mediated by the IgEFcR. This molelcule is also involved in the induction of apoptosis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Siglec-8 fused to human IgG Fc
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Floyd H, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:861.
- Wen T, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5481. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2239311 (BioLegend Cat. No. 347102)
- A lectin of 54 kD, belonging to the Ig-superfamily; has one V-set Ig-like domain and two C2-set domains; has a single transmembrane domain, and two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motifs (ITIM) in the cytoplasmic domain
Eosinophils, basophils, mast cells
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction
- Phosphatases containing a SH2 domain
- Inhibition of IgE receptor-triggered histamine and prostaglandin D2 release, apoptosis
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Eosinophils, Mast cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bochner BS, et al. 2009. Clin. Exp. Allergy. 39:317.
2. Hudson SA, et al. 2009. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 330:608.
3. Nutku E, et al. 2005. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 336:918.
- Gene ID
- 27181 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Siglec-8 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|PE anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|APC anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0199 anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||PG|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
|TotalSeq™-D0199 anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||PG|
|Biotin anti-human Siglec-8||7C9||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human Siglec-8
PE anti-human Siglec-8
APC anti-human Siglec-8
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human Siglec-8
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human Siglec-8
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human Siglec-8
TotalSeq™-C0199 anti-human Siglec-8
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human Siglec-8
TotalSeq™-D0199 anti-human Siglec-8
Biotin anti-human Siglec-8