- T7-241 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BAFF, BLYS, TNFSF13b, B cell activating factor, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily 13B, B lymphocyte stimulator (BLYS), TNF and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1 (TALL1), TNF homolog that activates apoptosis, NF-žŠB and JNK (THANK)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The T7-241 antibody recognizes human BAFF also known as B cell activating factor, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily 13B, B lymphocyte stimulator (BLYS), TNF and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1 (TALL1), and TNF homolog that activates apoptosis, NF-κB, and JNK (THANK). BAFF is a type II transmembrane protein, and a member of the tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily. BAFF can be proteolytically cleaved to form a soluble protein. BAFF, like other TNF ligand family members, forms homotrimers. The predicted molecular weight of a BAFF monomer is approximately 31 kD. BAFF is expressed on peripheral blood B and T lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells and is upregulated by IFN-γ and downregulated by PMA/ionomycin treatment. The T7-241 antibody has been shown to be useful for flow cytometry and ELISA. BAFF stimulates B and T cell immunity and regulates humoral immunity by binding TACI and BCMA receptors; BAFF prevents apoptosis and promotes B cell survival by binding the BAFF-specific receptor (BAFFR/BR3). The T7-241 antibody has been shown to be useful for flow cytometry and ELISA.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- recombinant human BAFF(TL7) protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_830749 (BioLegend Cat. No. 318602)
- Type II transmembrane protein, member of the tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily. Can be proteolytically cleaved to form soluble protein. Forms homotrimers; predicted molecular weight of monomer approximately 31 kD.
Peripheral blood B and T lymphocytes, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells. Upregulated by IFN-γ downregulated by PMA/ionomycin treatment
- Stimulates B and T cell immunity and regulates humoral immunity by binding TACI and BCMA receptors. Prevents apoptosis and promotes B cell survival by binding the BAFF-specific receptor (BAFFR/BR3).
- BAFF binds to TACI (TNFRSF13B) and BCMA (TNFRSF17) as does the APRIL ligand. BAFF also binds to the BAFF-specific receptor (BAFFR/BR3)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Schneider P, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1747.
2. Moore PA, et al. 1999. Science 285:260.
3. Shu HB, et al. 1999. J. Leuko. Biol. 65:680.
4. Yu G, et al. 2000. Nat. Immunol. 1:252.
5. Oren DA, et al. 2002. Nat. Struct. Biol. 9:288.
- Gene ID
- 10673 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD257 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human CD257 (BAFF, BLYS)||T7-241||FC, ELISA|
|PE anti-human CD257 (BAFF, BLYS)||T7-241||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.