- 14B9A58 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Probable ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX5, DEAD box protein 5, RNA helicase p68
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
DDX5, also named RNA helicase p68, is a prototypic member of the DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box family. DDX5 has been shown to be involved in the processes requiring the alteration of RNA structures, such as the maturation of pre-mRNA, rRNA, and miRNA. DDX5 also plays important helicase-independent roles in transcriptional regulation. DDX5 can act as a transcriptional coactivator of the androgen receptor (AR), estrogen receptor α (ERα), tumor suppressor p53, MyoD, RUNX2, and β-catenin, which are involved in the regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation, and tumorigenesis. DDX5 has been shown to be up-regulated in various cancers, including breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer, suggesting that DDX5 may participate in tumor development. DDX5 can also act as a transcriptional repressor through interacting with HDAC1.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human DDX5 recombinant protein (482-614 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 μg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2563942 (BioLegend Cat. No. 661302)
- 614 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 69 kD. Contains a DEAD box domain, a helicase domain, and a transactivation domain.
- DDX5 is an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, regulating RNA processing and ribosome biogenesis. DDX5 is also involved in transcription by acting as a transcriptional coactivator or a repressor.
- DDX5 interacts with DDX17, RBM4, AGO1, AGO2, ESR1, p300, RUNX2, and HDAC1.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Iyer RS, et al. 2014. Cell Cycle. 13:1413.
2. Samaan S, et al. 2014. Nucleic Acids Res. 42:2197.
3. Fuller-Pace FV. 2013. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1829:756.
4. Wang D, et al. 2012. Mol. Cell Proteomics. 11:M111.011932.
5. Saporita AJ, et al. 2011. Cancer Res. 71:6708.
6. Clark EL, et al. 2008. Cancer Res. 68:7938.
- Gene ID
- 1655 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DDX5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.