- 9D11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Apolipoprotein E, apoloprotein E4
Covance Catalog# SIG-39754
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) belongs to a class of apolipoproteins that binds to lipids to form lipoproteins. ApoE is produced by the liver and macrophages in peripheral tissues where it regulates cholesterol metabolism. In the central nervous system, ApoE is primarily produced by astrocytes and plays an important role in transporting cholesterol to neurons via ApoE receptors. ApoE has three major isoforms corresponding to three alleles (ApoE2, ApoE3 and ApoE4) that differ from each other by only one or two amino acids at positions 112 and 158. ApoE4 is one of the largest known genetic risk factors for late-onset Alzheimer's disease. Further, ApoE4 has been implicated in several other diseases such as atherosclerosis, impaired cognitive function and multiple sclerosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Capture applications, a concentration range of 3 - 5 µg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is specific for the E4 isoform of apolipoprotein E.
AB_2564775 (BioLegend Cat. No. 813701)
AB_2564774 (BioLegend Cat. No. 813702)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.