- 9F10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V S215
- Other Names
- VLA-4 α chain, α4 integrin, Integrin α4 chain, ITGA4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49d is a 150 kD α integrin chain known as α4 integrin or VLA-4 α chain. It forms a heterodimer with either integrin β1 (α4β1, VLA-4) or β7 (α4β7). CD49d is expressed broadly on T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, monocytes, thymocytes, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, and some non-hematopoietic cells, but not on normal red blood cells, platelets or neutrophils. VLA-4 binds to VCAM-1 (CD106) and fibronectin. α4β7 is the receptor for VCAM-1 and MAdCAM-1. CD49d participates in mononuclear cell trafficking to endothelial sites of inflammation and has roles in cell-cell interactions and cell adhesion to extracellular matrices. CD49d is involved in lymphocyte migration, T cell activation, and hematopoietic stem cell differentiation. CD49d is a marker to isolate pure populations of Treg cells due to its absence on Foxp3+ cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green, Baboon, Cat, Cow, Chimpanzee, Common Marmoset, Dog, Horse, Sheep, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Dazzle™ 594 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PE/Dazzle™ 594 has a maximum excitation of 566 nm and a maximum emission of 610 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections, and in vitro T cell costimulation2,3. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 304339 and 304340).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Jeong SH, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:6995. (Costim)
- Vogel TU, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:4511. (Costim)
- Kleinewietfeld M, et al. 2009. Blood 113:827. (FC) PubMed
- Palacious F, et al. 2010. Blood 115:4488. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sestak K, et al. 2007. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 119:21.
- Mattapallil MJ, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:1977. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2566789 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304325)
AB_2566790 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304326)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 150 kD.
T cells, B cells, NK , dendritic cells, thymocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, mast cells.
- Lymphocyte migration, T cell activation, stem cell differentiation.
- Fibronectin, VCAM-1, MAdCAM-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Mast cells, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Elices M, Ed.1995. Springer Semin. Immunopathol. 16(4).
2. Lobb RR and Helmer ME. et al. 1994. J. Clin. Invest. 94:1722.
- Gene ID
- 3676 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49d on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD49d
PE anti-human CD49d
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD49d
Purified anti-human CD49d
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD49d
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD49d
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD49d
FITC anti-human CD49d
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD49d
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD49d
Purified anti-human CD49d (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD49d
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD49d
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD49d
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD49d
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD49d
Biotin anti-human CD49d
TotalSeq™-A0576 anti-human CD49d
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD49d
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD49d
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD49d
TotalSeq™-C0576 anti-human CD49d
TotalSeq™-B0576 anti-human CD49d Antibody
TotalSeq™-D0576 anti-human CD49d