- A16038B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- p Zeta-Chain (TCR) Associated Protein Kinase 70 kD, p 70 KD Zeta-Chain Associated Protein, p Tyrosine-protein kinase ZAP-70
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
ZAP70 was identified in TCR-stimulated Jurkat cells. It is an inactive cytosolic tyrosine kinase that is recruited to a transmembrane receptor lacking intrinsic catalytic activity. ZAP70 and the related spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk) play a critical role in T-cell development and activation. This enzyme, which is phosphorylated on tyrosine residues upon T-cell antigen receptor (TCR) stimulation, functions in the initial step of TCR-mediated signal transduction in combination with the Src family kinases, Lck and Fyn.
ZAP70 activation can be regulated by binding to phosphorylated ITAMs of the TCR and by phosphorylation of multiple tyrosine residues on ZAP70. Phosphorylation of Tyr315 and Tyr319 are essential for ZAP70 positive regulation of T-lymphocyte activation whereas Tyr292 has a negative regulatory role.
Mutation of Tyr292 to phenylalanine enhanced NFAT induction in response to BCR stimulation, indicating phosphorylation of Tyr292 may promote association of ZAP-70 with a negative regulatory protein. ZAP-70 has been reported to bind Cbl following TCR stimulation and phosphorylation of Tyr292 was required for this interaction, as well as for the negative effect of Cbl on signaling.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human ZAP70 peptide phosphorylated at Tyr292. Complete Freund's adjuvant.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
During development, reactivity was observed with mouse phospho-SYK.
AB_2686946 (BioLegend Cat. No. 693803)
AB_2686947 (BioLegend Cat. No. 693804)
- 619 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 70 kD.
Cytoplasm; Human T Cells, Mouse T cells and B cells.
- Required for the assembly of a Zap-70-containing signaling complex. Activation of the PLC-γ1-dependent and Ras-dependent signaling cascades. Associates with PLC-γ 1.
- NFAM1, Cbl, SLA and SLA2, CBLB, DEF6, FCRL3, VAV1, CD247/CD3Z.
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Chan AC, et al. 1991. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:9166.
2. Arpaia E, et al. 1994. Cell 76:947.
3. Chan AC, et al. 1994. Science 264:1599.
4. Negishi I, et al. 1995. Nature 376:435.
5. Wang H, et al. 2010. Cold Spring Harb. Perspect. Biol. 2:a002279.
6. Klammt C, et al. 2015. Nat. Immunol. 16:961.
7. Weiss A, et al. 1993. Cell 73:209.
8. Gong Q, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:507.
9. Magnan A, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:491.
- Gene ID
- 7535 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ZAP70 Phospho Tyr292 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.