- A16009C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- 40S ribosomal protein S6, Ribosomal Protein S6
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The eukaryotic ribosome is composed of 40S and 60S subunits, which is involved in the physiological process of protein translation. In many organisms, ribosomal proteins undergo various post-translational modifications, including phosphorylation, acetylation, methylation, O-linked b-N-acetylglucosaminylation, and ubiquitylation. Ribosomal proteinS6 (RPS6), the first identified ribosomal protein which can be phosphorylated, is a component of eukaryotic ribosomal 40S subunit. Functional studies of RPS6 phosphorylation suggested its role in the regulation of protein synthesis, cell proliferation, and glucose homeostasis. The phosphorylation of RPS6 can be triggered by multiple stimuli including growth factors, tumor promoting agents, and mitogens. The inhibition of RPS6 phosphorylation was found mainly under stress conditions such as hypoxia, heat shock, and hyperosmolarity. RPS6 phosphorylation is also commonly used as a marker for neuronal activity and a read out of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) activity.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human S6 peptide.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2734535 (BioLegend Cat. No. 691803)
AB_2734536 (BioLegend Cat. No. 691804)
- 249 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 28.7kD.
Cytoplasm and nucleus.
- Ribosomal protein S6 is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryote ribosomes. The phosphorylation is stimulated by growth factors, tumor promoting agents, and mitogens. It is dephosphorylated at growth arrest.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
1. Kressler A, et al. 2010. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1803:673.
2. Biever A, et al. 2015. Front. Mol. Neurosci. 8:75.
3. Ventimiglia FA, Wool IG. 1974. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 71:350.
4. Lastick SM, et al. 1977. Mol. Gen. Genet. 152:223.
5. Ruvinsky I, et al. 2005. Genes Dev. 19:2199.
6. Meyuhas O. 2008. Int. Rev. Cell. Mol. Biol. 268:1.
7. Meyuhas O. 2015. Int. Rev. Cell. Mol. Biol. 320:41.
- Gene ID
- 6194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RPS6 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.