- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-17A/F ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
IL-17A/F is a heterodimer of IL-17A and IL-17F, two of the most studied members of the IL-17 family, consisting of at least six proinflammatory cytokines. Among the IL-17 family members, IL-17A and IL-17F share the highest sequence homology of 50%, and they are located on the same chromosome region. Earlier studies have shown that both IL-17A and IL-17F are produced as homodimers by Th17 cells, an activated subset of CD4+ T cells. However, recent studies demonstrate that the IL-17A/F heterodimer is also produced in Th17 cells as a 40 kD, secreted, disulfide-linked glycoprotein.
Functionally, IL-17A/F heterodimers signal through the same receptor as IL-17A and IL-17F homodimers and induce similar biological responses. However, both mouse and human IL-17A demonstrate more than 100-fold higher biological activity than IL-17F, while IL- 17A/F has intermediate activity. Both IL-17A and IL-17F have been associated with many inflammatory diseases in humans such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and asthma. The exact cellular functions of IL-17A/F and its role in the disease processes are still not very clear. The IL-17A/F ELISA Max Set will be a very useful tool for those involved in the IL-17A, IL-17F, and IL-17A/F research efforts.
Both the ELISA Max™ Set Standard and ELISA Max™ Set Deluxe are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Mouse IL-17A/F ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Mouse IL-17A/F ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Mouse IL-17A/F Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution A
- Substrate Solution B
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 2.3 pg/ml
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Cell Sources
- Th17 cells, an activated subset of CD4+ T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 16171 View all products for this Gene ID 257630 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A/F on UniProt.org
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.