- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, 2019-nCoV, severe acute respiratory coronavirus 2 spike glycoprotein S1, SARS-CoV-2 S1 Subunit, 2019 novel coronavirus S1 protein
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|448207||1 Pre-coated Plate||750€|
SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped non-segmented positive-sense RNA coronavirus that infects the human respiratory-epithelial cells, and is the cause of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). One of its structural proteins includes the spike protein (S). The S protein consists of the S1 subunit which contains a receptor binding domain (RBD) that is capable of recognizing and binding with the cell surface receptor, and playing a key role in viral entry. Assays to detect virus-specific antibodies are important to understand the prevalence of infection and the course of the immune system.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Human IgM ELISA Kit is an Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein S1. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Human IgM from serum and plasma. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Human IgM Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Human IgM Detection Antibody
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike S1 Human IgM Standard
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- 0.089 ± 0.01 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.489 - 30 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Polypropylene vials
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Bacterial proteins and Toxins, Immunology
- Gene ID
- View information about IgM on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.