- Other Names
- Latency Associated Peptide (LAP) Precoated ELISA Kit, Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-b) Precoated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|436807||1 Pre-coated Plate||632€|
As an important regulator of TGF-ß activity, Latency-Associated Peptide (LAP) is secreted as a complex with TGF-ß. LAP and TGF-ß1 are synthesized as a single propeptide precursor of 390 amino acids with an N-terminal signal peptide of 29 amino acids, a 249 amino acids pro-region (LAP), and a 112 amino acids C-terminal region (TGF-ß1).
Both LAP and TGF-ß1 exist as homodimers in circulation, but the disulfide linked homodimers of LAP and TGF-ß1 remain non-covalently associated, forming the small latent TGF-ß1 complex (SLC, 100 kD). The large latent TGF- ß1 complex (LLC, 235 – 260 kD) contains a third component, the latent TGF- ß binding protein (LTBP), which is linked to LAP by a single disulfide bond. LTBP does not confer latency but is for efficient secretion of the complex to extracellular sites.
Previously, LAP was presumed to function only as a sequestering agent for TGF-ß1. However, recent studies showed that LAP has in vitro or in vivo functions independent of TGF-ß1. LAP can induce epithelial cell migration and promote chemotaxis of monocytes and block inflammation. In vivo, LAP enhances hepatocyte regeneration and reduces fibrosis. LAP is also a surface marker of activated regulatory T cells.
LEGEND MAX™ Human LAP ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with 96-well strip plates that are pre-coated with a capture antibody specific for LAP. This Human LAP kit is specifically designed for use with cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other biological samples. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human LAP Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human LAP Dectection Antibody
- Human LAP Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer E
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Additional Product Notes
View more applications data for this product in our Scientific Poster Library.
- 0.26 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.63-40 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Ubiquitously expressed by many kinds of cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Gene ID
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.