- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-12 Pre-coated ELISA
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|431707||1 Pre-coated Plate||560,00€|
IL-12 is produced by dendritic cells, macrophages, and human B-lymphoblastoid cells in response to antigenic stimulation. It is a 70 kD heterodimeric glycoprotein comprised of disulfide-bonded 35 kD and 40 kD subunits. IL-12 is involved in the differentiation of naïve T cells into Th0 cells which will further develop into either Th1 cells or Th2 cells. IL-12 plays an important role in the activities of natural killer cells and T lymphocytes. It mediates enhancement of the cytotoxic activity of NK cells and CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes. IL-12 is linked with autoimmunity due to its key role in induction of Th1 immune responses.
IL-12, IL-23 and IL-35 share common subunits, utilizing combinations of p40, p19 and p35 proteins. Caution must be used when selecting antibodies and assays when specific identification, measurement, as well as activation state discrimination, is required.
1. Active IL-12 consists of two subunits: p40 + p35.
2. p40 can also exist as a monomer (IL-12 p40) or a homodimer (IL-12 p80).
3. Besides contributing to IL-12, p40 is also found in IL-23, a heterodimer of p40 and p19.
4. Similarly, p35 not only contributes to IL-12, but is also found in the heterodimer IL-35 (p35 and EBI3).
Note that assays using antibodies specific for the p40 subunit will be unable to discriminate between the active IL-12, monomeric p40, dimeric p40, and IL-23; likewise, assays using p35 detection alone will pick up both IL-12 (heterodimer) and IL-35.
BioLegend ELISA assays
BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-12 (p70) ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a Human IL-12 (p70) specific monoclonal antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate. BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-12 (p70) ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human IL-12 (p70) from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-12 (p70) Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-12 (p70) Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-12 (p70) Standard
- Matrix A (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP A
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Product Citations
- 1.2 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.9-250 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.