- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IGFALS, ACLSD, ALS, insulin-like growth factor binding protein, acid labile subunit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Note: This product does not include ELISA microwell plates. Cat. No. 423501 is recommended.
Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) is an important hormone for childhood growth and in a variety of physiological functions in adults. Free IGF has a short half-life in serum of about 10 minutes. This half-life is extended by forming a binary complex with IGFBP1-6 to 30 - 90 minutes. IGFALS binds the IGF/IGFBP3 or IGBP5 complex to generate a ternary complex with a serum half-life of more than 12 hours. About 80% of circulating IGF is in this ternary complex.
Insulin-like growth factor binding protein, acid labile subunit (IGFALS), is produced by the liver and is present at high concentrations in postnatal serum. IGFALS is encoded by the IGFALS gene and stimulated by growth hormone. Defects in the IGFALS gene result in lower circulating levels of IGF-1 and IGF-2, causing delayed puberty, increased risk of metastatic disease, and is associated with insulin resistance. Different conditions such as fasting, catabolic disease, or cirrhosis have been shown to reduce serum IGFALS levels in humans. The IGFALS protein is composed of 578 amino acids with 20 leucine-rich repeats.
The BioLegend Human IGFALS ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The human IGFALS capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and free IGFALS binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-human IGFALS detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of IGFALS present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader. Free or ternary complex IGFALS can be detected.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- Human IGFALS ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human IGFALS ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human IGFALS Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent B (5X)
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 1.49 ± 0.32 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.125-100 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.