- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Epithelial-derived neutrophil-activating protein 78 (ENA-78), GCP-2, AMCF-II, small inducible cytokine B5, (SCY-B5)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
ELISA Development Systems Engineered for Sensitive, Precise and Reliable Serum and Plasma Cytokine Quantitation
BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets provide all the time-savings, convenience and performance of a high-end, commercial ELISA kit for a fraction of the price! BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets, in two appealing formats, address the need for sensitivity, accuracy, dependability, and versatility of an ELISA development system, while providing maximum cost effectiveness, value, and ease of use.
Both the ELISA Max™ Set Standard and ELISA Max™ Set Deluxe are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
CXCL5 is a member of the CXC family of chemokines, also known as epithelial activated peptide 78 (ENA-78). The precursor of CXCL5 contains 114 amino acids, with a signal peptide of 36 amino acids which is cleaved to generate the 78 amino acids mature protein (8 kD). Human mature CXCL5 shares 57% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat CXCL5. Human CXCL5 also shares 41 - 77% sequence identity with CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL3, CXCL4 CXCL6, CXCL7 and CXCL8.
CXCL5 is expressed by monocytes/macrophages, endothelial cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, epithilial cells, and eosinophils. CXCL5 is an inflammatory cytokine which binds to the cell surface receptor CXCR2 and induces chemotaxis of neutrophils to a target site. High levels of CXCL5 have been associated with prostate, gastric, and pancreatic cancer progression.
- Kit Contents
- Human CXCL5 (ENA-78) ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human CXCL5 (ENA-78) ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human CXCL5 (ENA-78) Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 0.5 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 2.0-125 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.