- SFC1D8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CCP2, Ctla5, Ctla-5, AI323531, B10, GzmC
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Granzyme C is a serine protease that is found in the granules of cytotoxic T lymphocytes and natural killer cells (NKs). It induces the apoptosis of target cells by the externalization of phosphatidylserine, nuclear condensation and collapse, as well as the introduction of single-stranded DNA nicks. It can also induce apoptosis via mitochondrial swelling, which results in the loss of membrane potential. Reported studies show that granzyme C can support CTL-mediated killing in the absence of granzyme A or B. Additionally, wild-type mice have delayed upregulation of granzyme C relative to granzyme B and a mutation in the granzyme B gene shows earlier upregulation of granzyme C. Further studies show that in the event that granzyme B fails, the mouse models infected with persistent viruses have delayed expression of protection provided by granzyme C.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Purified recombinant granzyme C in CFA and boosted in IFA.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 μg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Cai Sheng, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:6287. (ICFC)
AB_2721581 (BioLegend Cat. No. 150805)
AB_2721582 (BioLegend Cat. No. 150806)
Cytotoxic T lymphocytes and natural killer (NK) cells.
- Induces apoptotic cell death.
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Proteases, Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
1. Bots M, et al. 2006. J. Cell. Sci. 119:5011.
2. Ley TJ, et al. 2003. Blood 101:3093.
3. Revell PA. 2005. J. Immunol. 2005. 174:2124.
4. Kelso A. 2002. Int. Immunol. 6:605.
5. Getachew Y, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:7810.
6. Cai Sheng, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:6287.
- Gene ID
- 14940 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Granzyme C on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.