- W16197A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ACTB, Actin, cytoplasmic 1, Beta-actin
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
β-actin is a ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved 42 kD cytoplasmic protein involved in cell motility. This critical cytoskeletal component can be disrupted by drugs such as cytochalasin. Because β-actin is ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells, it is frequently used as a loading control for assays involving protein detection (such as Western blotting).Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Zebrafish, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human ACTB peptide (1-13 a.a.).
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.001 - 0.01 µg per ml (1:10,000 - 1:100,000 dilution). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only verified with the purified format.
- Product Citations
AB_2810693 (BioLegend Cat. No. 664803)
AB_2728496 (BioLegend Cat. No. 664804)
- 375 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 42 kD.
- Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility.
- Interacts with CPNE1 and CPNE4, ERBB2, GCSAM, TBC1D21.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hanukoglu I, et al. 1983. J. Mol. Biol. 163:673.
2. Nakajima-Iijima S, et al. 1985. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 82:6133.
3. Ponte P, et al. 1984. Nucleic Acids Res. 12:1687.
- Gene ID
- 60 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-actin on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.