- MP6-XT22 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF-2, TNF-a, TNF-alpha
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells, and NK-cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric mouse TNF-α is a 156 amino acid protein (N-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17.5 kD. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biologic activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorrhagic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse TNF-α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- µg sizes: 0.2 mg/mLµL sizes: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection: The biotinylated MP6-XT22 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified 6B8 antibody (Cat. Nos. 510802 & 510804) as the capture antibody.
ELISA Capture: The purified MP6-XT22 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5160 antibody (Cat. No. 516003) as the detection antibody and recombinant mouse TNF-α (Cat. No. 575209) as the standard.
Flow Cytometry6,11,12:The fluorochrome-labeled MP6-XT22 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify TNF-a-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1,5,10,16,17:The MP6-XT22 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TNF-α. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse TNF-α bioactivity in vivo and in vitro(Cat. No. 506310). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 506332) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections7-9 in vivo detection5, immunofluorescence, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing mouse TNF-α in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430901) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (Neut)
- Abrams J, et al. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20
- Mo X, et al. 1995. J. Virol. 69:1288.
- Sarawar S, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:1246.
- Via C, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:6821. (Neut)
- Infante-Duarte C, et al. 2000 J. Immunol. 165:6107. (FC)
- Jacobs M, et al. 2000. Immunology 100:494. (IHC)
- Marinova-Mutachieva L, et al. 1997. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 107:507. (IHC)
- Williams RO, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:7240. (IHC)
- Scanga CA, et al. 1999. Infect. Immun. 67:4531. (Neut)
- Akilov OE, et al. 2007. J. Leukoc. Biol. 2007;10.1189/jlb.0706439. (FC)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366. (FC)
- Patole PS, et al. 2005. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 16:3273. PubMed
- Wu S, et al. 2005. Neurosci Lett. 394:158. PubMed
- Carlson MJ, et al. 2009. Blood 113:1365. PubMed
- Shivakumar P, et al. 2017. JCI Insight. 2:e88747 1. PubMed
- Kearney CJ, et al. 2017. Cell Death Differ. 10.1038/cdd.2017.94. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10900823 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506327)
AB_2562902 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506328)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 17.5-150 kD (Mammalian)
- Paracrine/endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions; selectively cytotoxic for transformed cells; endothelial cell alterations; chemoattractant
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler B, et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey K, et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, and cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, and PAF antagonists
- Gene ID
- 21926 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse TNF-α
FITC anti-mouse TNF-α
PE anti-mouse TNF-α
Purified anti-mouse TNF-α
Biotin anti-mouse TNF-α
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse TNF-α
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse TNF-α
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse TNF-α
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse TNF-α
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse TNF-α
Purified anti-mouse TNF-α (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse TNF-α
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TNF-α
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse TNF-α
Brilliant Violet 750™ anti-mouse TNF-α
GoInVivo™ Purified anti-mouse TNF-α