- 2E7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Integrin αIEL chain, Integrin αE chain, αE integrin, ITGAE
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD103 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein known as αE integrin or Integrin αIEL chain. It belongs to the integrin family and is primarily found on intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL). CD103 is also expressed on a subpopulation of lamina propria T cells, epithelial dendritic cells, lamina propria-derived dendritic cells, and a small subset of peripheral lymphocytes. T regulatory cells express high level of CD103. The CD103 expression on lymphocytes can be induced upon activation and TGF-β stimulation. In association with integrin β7, CD103 is expressed as αE/β7 heterodimer. Mature CD103 protein can be cleaved into 2 chains, a 150 kD (C-terminal) chain and a 25 kD (N-terminal) chain, which remain linked by disulfide bonds. CD103 binds to E-cadherin and mediates homing of lymphocytes to the intestinal epithelium.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
µl sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining1,7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, immunofluorescence2, and in vitro activation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- LeFrancois L, et. al, 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:635. (FC, IHC, IP)
- Mysorekar IU, et. al, 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:37811. (FC, IF)
- Mikami N, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:6886. PubMed
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Quinn KM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:5085. PubMed
- Verhagen J and Wraith DC. 2014. J. Immunol. Methods. S0022. (FC) PubMed
- Xiao B, et al. 2015. PLoS One 1:e0115333. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_10900074 (BioLegend Cat. No. 121421)
AB_2562901 (BioLegend Cat. No. 121422)
- Type I transmembrane glycoprotein, Integrin family, can be cleaved into 150 kD and 25 kD chains, associated with β7 integrin
Majority of intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL), subpopulation of lamina propria T cells, epithelial dendritic cells, small subset of peripheral lymphocytes, Treg cells.
- Retention and activation of CD103+ lymphocytes in the intestinal epithelium, regulate tissue-specific T cell homing.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Lymphocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kilshaw PJ and SJ. Murant. 1990. Eur. J. Immunol. 20:2201.
2. Karecla PI, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25:852.
3. LeFrancois L, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:635.
4. Sung SS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:2161.
5. Johansson-Lindbom B, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 202:1063.
6. Dujardin HC, et al. 2004. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 101:14473.
- Gene ID
- 16407 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD103 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Purified anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|Biotin anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0201 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||PG|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0201 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||PG|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|TotalSeq™-B0201 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||PG|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD103||2E7||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD103||2E7||IHC-F|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD103
Biotin anti-mouse CD103
PE anti-mouse CD103
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD103
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD103
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD103
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD103
TotalSeq™-A0201 anti-mouse CD103
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD103
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD103
TotalSeq™-C0201 anti-mouse CD103
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD103
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD103
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD103
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD103
TotalSeq™-B0201 anti-mouse CD103
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD103
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD103
FITC anti-mouse CD103
APC anti-mouse CD103
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD103
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD103