- 7-239 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Sialic acid binding Ig-like lectin 1 (Siglec-1)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD169, also known as Siglec-1 and Sialoadhesin (Sn), is a 210 kD type I single membrane-spanning glycoprotein. It is the largest member of the Siglec family, consisting of 1709 amino acids and belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD169 is expressed by macrophages and dendritic cells. By its affinity to α2,3-linked sialic acid, it is involved in macrophage binding to different cell types such as granulocytes, monocytes, NK, B and T cells. Several CD169 counter receptors, such as CD227 on human breast cancer cells, CD43 on T cells and CD206 on macrophages, have been reported.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Rhinovirus (HRV14) infected, monocyte derived-DCs
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting and inhibition of erythrocyte-rosetting with cells expressing CD169.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kirchberger S, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:1145.
- Schrauf C, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:4440.
AB_2750267 (BioLegend Cat. No. 346017)
AB_2750268 (BioLegend Cat. No. 346018)
- Type I single membrane-spanning lectin, 1709 amino acids, 210 kD, belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily
Macrophages, dendritic cells
- Adhesion molecule
- α-2,3-linked sialic acid
- CD227, CD43 and CD206
- Mediates sialic-acid dependent binding to granulocytes, monocytes, NK, B and T cells.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Xiong YS, et al. 2009. Clin. Biochem. 42:1057.
2. Varki A, et al. 2009. Glycoconj J. 26:231.
3. Rempel H, et al. 2008. PLoS One. 3:e1967.
4. Crocker PR, et al. 2001. Trends Immunol. 22:337.
5. Hartnell A, et al. 2001. Blood 97:288.
- Gene ID
- 6614 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD169 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.