- Poly5160 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF-2
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells (principally CD4+), and NK-cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric mouse TNF-α is 156 amino acid protein (N-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17.5 kD protein. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biologic activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorraghic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse TNF-α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25 - 1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of TNF-α recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 7.8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Additional Product Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated Poly5160 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with purified TN3-19.12 antibody (Cat. Nos. 506102 & 506106) as the capture antibody for detecting mouse and rat TNF-α. The biotinylated Poly5160 antibody can also be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA to detect mouse TNF-α when used in conjunction with purified MP6-XT22 (Cat. Nos. 506301 & 506302) and recombinant mouse TNF-α (Cat. No. 575209) as the standard.
Note: For testing mouse TNF-α in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. Nos. 430907 & 430908) are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
AB_2561411 (BioLegend Cat. No. 516003)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 18-150 kD (Mammalian).
Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, PAF antagonists.
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia.
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75).
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler B, et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey K, et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Gene ID
- 21926 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Biotin anti-mouse/rat TNF-α||Poly5160||ELISA Detection|
|LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse/rat TNF-α||Poly5160||Neut, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.