- 7-14-4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Covance Catalog# MRB-5215
- Rabbit IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Soluble Aβ (Amyloid-beta, beta-amyloid, or Abeta) peptides, 36 to 43 amino acids in length, are natural proteolytic cleavage products of amyloid precursor protein (APP). However, soluble abnormally aggregated Aβ species are associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD), can be toxic to neurons, and insoluble Aβ aggregates are the main component of cerebral amyloid plaques, which are a pathological hallmark of AD.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
ELISA, WB, IHC
IF - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000 - 1:2,000*
• IHC: 1:50 - 1:100
Tissue: Formalin-fixed Paraffin-embedded Tissues
Pre-treatment: 70% Formic Acid for 20 minutes at room temperature
Primary incubation: 24 hours at 2-4°C
• ELISA: Can be used as capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with 4G8 detection (Ref Cat# 800707 Beta-Amyloid, 17-24 (4G8) Monoclonal Antibody, HRP Labeled, or Cat No. 800701 Beta-Amyloid, 17-24 (4G8) Monoclonal Antibody).
For capture antibody, recommended usage is between 1.0 and 10.0 µg/ml.
Recommended blocking buffer is 0.5-1.0% BSA in PBS.
If using Cat No. 800707 for detection; recommended usage is between 0.25-1.0 µg/ml.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC), and ELISA.
*Expected MW: 4 kD
WB Positive Control: Alzheimer's Brain Lysate
IHC Positive Control: Alzheimer's Brain Tissue
This antibody is reactive to the C-terminus of beta amyloid and is specific for the isoform that ends at the 38th amino acid.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Watts JC, et al. 2014. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 28:10323. ((F)
- Giaccone G, et al. 2012. Acta. Neuropathol. 124:809. (IHC, IF, WB)
AB_2564746 (BioLegend Cat. No. 808603)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 1-38 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.