- RG9-35 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lgals9, Gal-9, Ecalectin
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Galectin-9 is a mammalian lectin with a molecular weight of 40 kD that has two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs) and forms homodimers. It recognizes N-acetyllactosamine (Galbeta1-4GlcNAc) and T-antigen (Galbeta1-3GalNAc). Tim-3 has been reported as its ligand. Galectin-9 is expressed by lymphocytes, dendritic cells, granulocytes, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and thymus epithelial cells. It may be retained intracellularly or transported to the cell surface whereby cleavage generates a soluble form. Galectin-9 is involved in events such as cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, and apoptosis, and is important for the regulation of the immune response. Galectin-9 induces regulatory T cells, and suppresses Th1 and Th17 responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse galectin-9
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fukushima A, et al. 2008. Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 146:36. (FA)
- Hou H, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:110585. PubMed
AB_2561657 (BioLegend Cat. No. 136109)
AB_2561658 (BioLegend Cat. No. 136110)
- Homodimer, each chain is a 343 aa protein of 40 kD that has two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs)
- Lymphocytes, dendritic cells, neutrophils, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, thymus stromal/epithelial cells
- Cell aggregation, cell adhesion, chemotaxis, apoptosis, suppression of Th1 and Th17 responses, induction of regulatory T cells
- Chemotaxis, apoptosis, cell adhesion
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, Dendritic cells, Neutrophils, Eosinophils, Astrocytes, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Epithelial cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Klibi J, et al. 2009. Blood 113:1957
2. Seki M, et al. 2008. Clin Immunol 127:78
3. Tsuboi Y, et al. 2007. Clin Immunol 124:221
4. Zhu C, et al. 2005. Nat Immunol 6:1245
5. Dunphy JL, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:14916
- Gene ID
- 16859 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Galectin-9 on UniProt.org
|PE anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|APC anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse Galectin-9||RG9-35||ICFC, FA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.